[Dreaming] Ultimate stealth-killer

Tosen

Part of the furniture
I've been killed a few times by a melee specced hunter or ranger - and I thought:

"What if I had a rr6+ scout, specced 35stealth 50shields 44thrust 17bow"

Explanation:
35stealth with the +5 to all abilities from rr6 should cap it with decent equipment.
50shields should give you the best blocking rate - and make you live a bit longer.
44thrust has a very nice root and weaponskill is nearly capped with only 44.
17bow... well... coz u have it from the auto spec and it's always nice to use yer bow when defending :>

The 50shield could be 42 instead and you could get more thrust or bow.

He had to be auto-specced to get that - but that shouldn't be much of a problem since most ppl have a necro.

He won't have detect hidden so sb's and ns's should spot him easily - but with a fair amount of MoS he'll see them soon enough, and he should be able to slam them.

The fancy thing about this is not only that he can get MoB MoPain and IP...
Studded armour - Block - Evade - Can be See Hidden'ed (MoS)... every ns and sb from miles around would try to kill him coz scouts usually are very bad melee - but he'll be a killing machine.

Am I wrong ?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
You'd get owned bad
Remember DW/CD/LA Half your chances to block
And 75% of your enemys are duel Wielders

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Shield tanks seem to block fairly well vs my merc... guess I'm gimped :(
And I think scout would be the worst melee archer from the three realms ;/

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I think i will stick with my avalonian merc as a stealth killer. :D

Tosen

Part of the furniture
kk

I guess you're right :> I'll stick with my necro then as stealth killer :p

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
U dont need 42 shield if u want melee scout imo, whats with 50 thrust 34 stealth 30 shield 35 bow, u still can shoot enuff nice u got block opening and back opening shield stunn and with 30 shield dont think other archers can shoot u, if u use legendary weaps with 50 thrust scout can be a bit good, not that stealth killer but not bad if u want melee scout, u wont wtfpwn all but not bad, get FZ then u rocks :p

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
You won't be the first one who will try this.
I meet a melee Ranger with Battler, Malice, DW, IP, FZ, reinforced Armor and he came straight to me. I only won cause 2 groups of keepguards came around. That meeting was amazing. As Scout you won't handle so much damage but therfore you block a lot of damage away. Together with SOM it could work realy good. But I still would prefer a bow specced Scout.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
problem is rangers is way more suited for melee. DW is >> Shield.

DW adds a good amount of damage, usually a greater amount that a shield blocks. But the best thing with DW is it halves evades and blocks.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
And I think scout would be the worst melee archer from the three realms ;/

Hmm no, my scout will pwn any hunter in melee, their spear gets blocked too often and doesn't do significantly more dmg than I do (I hit for 200~, spear does 300~ usually, but since I block atleast 50% if not much more of their attacks while mine rarely miss, I kill them easily). Killed a hunter in melee yesterday who even used ip3, he only managed to do 30%~ dmg to me in the time it took me to kill him.

A hunter can ofc beat a scout in melee if lucky about blocks, but on average, a scout should win nps.

and a ranger will pwn either a scout or hunter in melee, especially when they got 3 str relics ><

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Have you faught Snorlig yet malv :p (50 Spear)

No, tho I fought Zid, he has 50 spear too. He hit me twice for about 530 dmg total before I killed him.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
Hmm no, my scout will pwn any hunter in melee, their spear gets blocked too often and doesn't do significantly more dmg than I do (I hit for 200~, spear does 300~ usually, but since I block atleast 50% if not much more of their attacks while mine rarely miss, I kill them easily). Killed a hunter in melee yesterday who even used ip3, he only managed to do 30%~ dmg to me in the time it took me to kill him.

A hunter can ofc beat a scout in melee if lucky about blocks, but on average, a scout should win nps.

and a ranger will pwn either a scout or hunter in melee, especially when they got 3 str relics ><

Thats scout vs hunter though.

I think a hunter will stand a better chance vs a NS etc than a scout would.

Also taking a archer melee fight without involving FZ isnt that a bit unrealistic :p?

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Ive looked into some specs for scout its not a great melee class realy... tbh if you want to kill stealther become a Inf...

if you look at the US forums you can see some nice spec's
atm i am
50Bow
42Shield
33Stealth
21Thrust

This spec works for rr5+ and Steath is good now with MoS

but a Us spec says to go
40Bow
42Shield
35Stealth
35Thrush

so now at a rr5 spec all your stats are = 51 or above now you should win in melee better and your weapon skill is upto being like if you spec 50 weapon

Now my mate Falkaw is testing this spec and says that he still crits the same damage as he did 50 bow i am going to test this next time i am on...

b4 TOA i was crit hitting chain for 1118 now i am lucky to get 800+ if i could be fooked to lvl some artis i will hit that bit harder and get my hit cap again

Watch this space

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
The usual replies really ... if it's not fotm .. if it thinking slightly outside of the box .. it has to be crap.

There is movies of meleescouts from us server and one from excal that do pretty good ... and at the end of the day it all comes down to playstyle and how much time you want to put into your char... a fully toa'd for melee scout (GoV, SoM, Battler for the charge and Malice to fight with etc) won't do half bad...

And high shield really isn't that bad ... yes it gets cut to bits by dual wield ... but in stead of totally dismissing it you can make sure you maximize your blocking ... 25% of a shitload is still pretty much.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Umgrud said:
but a Us spec says to go
40Bow
42Shield
35Stealth
35Thrush

so now at a rr5 spec all your stats are = 51 or above now you should win in melee better and your weapon skill is upto being like if you spec 50 weapon
Clearly posted by someone who didnt actually understand the whole point of the 51mod spec thing.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
The usual replies really ... if it's not fotm .. if it thinking slightly outside of the box .. it has to be crap.

There is movies of meleescouts from us server and one from excal that do pretty good ... and at the end of the day it all comes down to playstyle and how much time you want to put into your char... a fully toa'd for melee scout (GoV, SoM, Battler for the charge and Malice to fight with etc) won't do half bad...

And high shield really isn't that bad ... yes it gets cut to bits by dual wield ... but in stead of totally dismissing it you can make sure you maximize your blocking ... 25% of a shitload is still pretty much.

you seen jaem's movies :) ( saifang the scout) shes rr5lx and melee spec (forgot spec but ill point her in this direction ) and she does well.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dagger sent this link to me. :p

For 1 thing, that spec is just erm well... gimped, as a melee scout you still need nice amount of bow, your an archer grr!

If your really into ok melee and defence, then I surgest 42shield 39thrust 30stealth 40bow, its been my fav done me well.

Specing above 39thrust is purely for ws/dmg, thats up to you, I tried 50thrust but tbh, much better over all lowering it for more defence, shield is a scouts main spec line really.

Ultimate stealth killer wouldn't be a melee scout, it would be a max bow n shield scout with MoS5 with rest into bow dmg ra's.

Only advantage a melee scout has is, 1 vs 2+ when well equiped, as slam bow scout faces interupts.

Just got some nice arties, Gov etc, so will see ;)

But theres alot better then me out there :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Forgot to add,
Lvl44 style isn't viable in rvr as it chains off a detaunt style, which does pants dmg, as well as no to hit bonus.
Lvl50 style isn't anygood, as you'll block more often and use beartooth.

I think you'll find those so called melee rangers and hunters also have at least 35-40bow as well.

If your going to go low bow high melee and defence, you may as well roll an armsman and deal more dmg with xbow and melee. :x

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
lol i would like a stealthed arms man...

ive seen it done with Warriorx and ML10 Grp stealth... feel sorry for the stealther that had ago at him... :)

Fisiodifis

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe melee scout is only good to create when u are capped rps and u dont wanna leech more:p

Kerig

Fledgling Freddie
Umgrud said:
but a Us spec says to go
40Bow
42Shield
35Stealth
35Thrush

Now my mate Falkaw is testing this spec and says that he still crits the same damage as he did 50 bow i am going to test this next time i am on...

Watch this space

The difference in plain bow damage between 40 and 50 spec is a pretty small 20-25 points on a regular shot, 40-50 points on a critshot, and if Wyrds testing is correct you also do not gain ANY extra penetration of defences.

The reasons for speccing over 40 in bow are mainly the extra utility, but if your not interested in volley, PA and sureshot (which some are not), then the above spec, or a 35 bow/39 thrust variant is imo the optimum for a scout.

As for the viability of melee specced scouts, the dual wield vs shield and pet+owner vs small shield mechanics in the game means scouts will always be at a huge disadvantage damage wise, but as some compensation you get an anytime stun and top spec AF which they dont. I think with the right artis/weapons, and a fully melee oriented RA spec you could have a fair bit of fun.

myself, im highly bow orientated and the rare times i do solo stealth hunting i rely on MoS, FZ and my bow, which wins 80% of fights, often without the enemy landing a hit. (the other 20% where I feck up badly, or the topography is poor, or they use malice and/or phase I usually get a serious beatdown and emoting session hehe).

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Kerig said:
As for the viability of melee specced scouts, the dual wield vs shield and pet+owner vs small shield mechanics in the game means scouts will always be at a huge disadvantage damage wise, but as some compensation you get an anytime stun and top spec AF which they dont. I think with the right artis/weapons, and a fully melee oriented RA spec you could have a fair bit of fun.

From yesterday, trying a 44slash spec( see attachment), gona go back to thrust when I can. Another scout on excal was 50slash until recently he respeced to 39, with 50 he was spamming ame + dia slash doing around 310 then 350, you spec what, yes Albs have relics, no you'd prob not expect a scout to be capable of dmg...

Trying melee ra's atm aug str mop.

As for duel weild... well spec af > duel weild, 842af wit gov proc, almost ap2 when battler charge, equiped right, can be a target to think twice about if your not well equiped yourself.

Attachments

• Dmg to expect.JPG
    Dmg to expect.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 61

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
What i tried at Gore was :
50 shield
34 stealth
39 thrust
25 bow

*You end up with 8 train points left

Bow dmg wasnt that good about ~800 on crit, means i couldnt 2shot people from batlements becasue most of times target had time to get out of range or hide.
At melee tho i saw some emazing things, with 403 dex on that saracen scout and MOB2, i was blocking like mad. Block was enough for 4 brutilize in the row for about 250dmg each and that with minimal loss of endurase due to brutilize style. Without purge that target was prety dead when the 10 seconds stun went of, with purge i had at least 2 brutalizes in so ~500 in 2 hits. I still remember few fights with some rangers and SBs in DF.
Even against assasins i had most chances to win the fight. Add FZ, artifacts on that scout and you can beat almost everything. Also you will have pierce(very good dmg and bleed) for behind target when you FZ and basiliskfang from side(targets attack speed decrease).
But the best part i enjoyed in this spec was the chain of brutilizes after one block at the start of the fights. I could had 3-4 in row was realy fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom