SPAM random annoying things

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's exactly the situation I'm in, except the person in question has been dead since 2008. What's particularly disturbing is the requests to give him Candy Crush lives, since as far as I know the game didn't exist when he died. I really don't want to "defriend" him because we were really genuinely good friends and it feels a bit disrespectful.
If you don't want to unfriend then unfollow so you don't have to see it?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The thought of in 300 years time someone on my facebook account saying 'I miss you great-great-great-great-grandad, every day xoxoox' horrifies me.

No worries about that. You're a massive jaffa aren't you?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's exactly the situation I'm in, except the person in question has been dead since 2008. What's particularly disturbing is the requests to give him Candy Crush lives, since as far as I know the game didn't exist when he died. I really don't want to "defriend" him because we were really genuinely good friends and it feels a bit disrespectful.

Can't you just say something like "miss you m8, but seeing this page is freaking me out"...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't you just say something like "miss you m8, but seeing this page is freaking me out"...

Or "I realise you are dead so probably don't give a fuck either way but errr. Bye"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Which, if you're still in contact with his family, might freak them out a bit.

Exactly. I deleted his LinkedIn because his family wouldn't see that, but the FB profile has been used in the past as part of charity thing for the hospice he died in. I don't really have a problem with the page existing, I'm just not too keen on getting requests for lives off it, because that's just wrong, and I don't really know who has access to the profile (it was his girlfriend I think, but she's now married and pregnant and I kind of don't want to ask).

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have a problem ok? I'm in a program.
Candy Crush player bravely soldiers on despite receiving life requests from dead friend... this is either a Daily Mail headline or #firstworldproblems

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Candy Crush player bravely soldiers on despite receiving life requests from dead friend... this is either a Daily Mail headline or #firstworldproblems

When the Singularity comes and your Facebook profile has civil rights, you won't be laughing then, oh no.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm sorry, playing candy crush is a crime in itself, but using your dead boyfriend/husband's account to ask for extra lives is the tipping point to the end of fucking civilised society.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm shocked by this revelation to be honest. DaGaffer had a pretty easy and believable excuse lined up (playing it for/with his kids) but no, he's sticking to his guns. On the one hand, admirable stuff... on the other hand... ergh.

leggy

Probably Scottish
It's grim I know, he always seemed like an intelligent chap as well.

It seems even the best of us are susceptible to life crippling addictions.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, you've (very publically) admitted that you have a problem. That's step 1 out of the way.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Vans are cheap shit which fall apart after 4 weeks but I can't find a better pair of trainers which fit my weird feet (which are also not the size of an actual van).
I have massively wide feet :( although, i bought some DVS, and they're lovely, seem to be wider.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I need help :(

My missus saw my dad play candy crush saga over Christmas (yes, my fucking 63 year old dad) and she thought: "how addictive can it be?". I haven't seen her leave the laptop alone since Dec 26th 2013. I feel like she's days away from selling her ass for lives.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I have a follower on Twitter who died last year of MND. Obviously the account doesn't get used but I don't like to delete him.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Vans are cheap shit which fall apart after 4 weeks but I can't find a better pair of trainers which fit my weird feet (which are also not the size of an actual van).
You're mental, I still use a pair of Vans that I've had for 2 years and they're still in decent condition, apart from the dirt.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I still wear mine too :) .. they just look a bit beer battered and smell like a club for 18 year olds.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have some Vans from god knows how long ago (my TKMaxx days :D ). They're a bit raggedy and I've had to replace the laces once of twice but they're still as comfy as ever.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had some vans for years but no idea where they are. I must buy a new pair.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I still wear mine too :) .. they just look a bit beer battered and smell like a club for 18 year olds.
Just part of their character man ;)

Mind you, I've never bought a pair with laces, slip ons ftw!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Fly fucking mayBe... Nuff said

sayward

Resident Freddy
For all those who asked and cared my brain is back in my head but my body isn't in synch yet.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Looking for cars on Autotrader. They need to change it so you can leave comments after viewing a vehicle. Me and my dad drove for an hour to see something that was in "excellent condition inside and out" only to find it scratched up with panels on the interior missing. It smelt of dog as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom