Politics Coronavirus

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My daughter has been vacinnated due to medical reasons, her partner has not, I thought that if anyone in a household was jabbed then everyone else living there is??

My son is desperate for a jab.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Now this is certainly selfish, but as soon as they twig that being vaccinated will allow them to fly to the Med in a few months, the vaccination rates will shoot up.
Yep. I suspect this'll twist their arm.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My daughter has been vacinnated due to medical reasons, her partner has not, I thought that if anyone in a household was jabbed then everyone else living there is??

Nah. Timings can be way different.

Me n the g/f got done in the same week tho. Just waiting for a letter about our second.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If education is improving they should be better educated about this stuff than their parents generations.

Unlike their grandparents and great grandparents, their parents probably never saw the worst of measles, smallpox, dysentery, cholera, etc. I imagine seeing the devastation caused by those diseases made it very easy for the elderly to rock up and get vaccinated asap.

Many younger folk have no idea what it's like to suffer from a deadly disease and think they're invulnerable.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Unlike their grandparents and great grandparents, their parents probably never saw the worst of measles, smallpox, dysentery, cholera, etc. I imagine seeing the devastation caused by those diseases made it very easy for the elderly to rock up and get vaccinated asap.

Many younger folk have no idea what it's like to suffer from a deadly disease and think they're invulnerable.
True. This is the reason given for the fact that developing countries are clamouring for the vaccine - they know what not being vaccinated means.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I did a funny for the breathtaking ignorance of irony and outright shithousery being vomited in that tweet.

A desperately un-funny story, obvs.
We are not giving az to many people but please give us loads so we can keep it ina. Cupboard

Marc

FH is my second home

Just book online and tick the box that says you are a carer. Thats what me and all my pals did and got ours weeks ago, no questions asked

Marc

FH is my second home
Yeh - I felt pretty crappy the day after. Mostly better now but the arm is still sore if I knock it.

According to a virologists AMA on reddit t'other day, if you have the AZ vaccine and are ill with cold/flu symptoms, there is mounting data to suggest its because you have already had coronavirus in the past. I was really ill after my first shot for one day and then literally 100% fine the next day

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. I know my cousins' kids did the same. They've all been vaccinated. A nurse sent them the link.

Low level corruption in the NHS? Well, at least it's not billions being spent on tory donors.

Marc

FH is my second home
Yeah. I know my cousins' kids did the same. They've all been vaccinated. A nurse sent them the link.

Low level corruption in the NHS? Well, at least it's not billions being spent on tory donors.

This. We were actually advised to do so by our friend who is a GP. Failing that, people of any age can turn up at any vacination centre around 4.30-5.00pm and get a vaccine which I am sure the snowflakes will also rage at.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This. We were actually advised to do so by our friend who is a GP. Failing that, people of any age can turn up at any vacination centre around 4.30-5.00pm and get a vaccine which I am sure the snowflakes will also rage at.

You got advised by your friend, not acting as a GP.

Also I'm usually on the way home at around 5pm after being exposed up to 1000 people per day.

I kinda put faith in the system to give it to the right people in the right order and not for people do so shady shit to jump the queue.

The standard imalrightjackisms of FH I guess :)

Marc

FH is my second home

Also I'm usually on the way home at around 5pm after being exposed up to 1000 people per day.

I kinda put faith in the system to give it to the right people in the right order and not for people do so shady shit to jump the queue.

Just doing my bit to ensure the country can get back to normal as soon as possible!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Friend is always a GP. That's just how GPs act.

Like humans.

IF you turn up at 4:30-5pm you get the vaccines that haven't been used because asshats haven't turned up. You could see it as your civic duty to go use those supplies up.

Your "faith in the system" thing - that's just your youth talking m8 ;)

Gwadien

Friend is always a GP. That's just how GPs act.

Like humans.

IF you turn up at 4:30-5pm you get the vaccines that haven't been used because asshats haven't turned up. You could see it as your civic duty to go use those supplies up.

Your "faith in the system" thing - that's just your youth talking m8 ;)

So to clarify you don't have s problem with Marc jumping the queue to get his but you do have a problem with Bodhi waiting a bit to get his? Seems a bit as bad as each other imo.

I've come to th conclusion that opinions on this forum are based more on who someone is rather than what they've done.

Literally fraud and you're like nah np what if I claimed £10k in carer benefits instead? Cool with that?

It also has nothing to do with corruption, we could all do it, I knew it but I didn't do it because I'm not a dickhead :)

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Everyone for themselves it seems

It was just announced here in Finland we've reached over 30% of over 16s vaccinated, but that if you have had corona virus you wont get vaccinated until 6 months after your all clear, so no vaccine for me until end of August :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So to clarify you don't have s problem with Marc jumping the queue to get his but you do have a problem with Bodhi waiting a bit to get his? Seems a bit as bad as each other imo.
I didn't say that. Why do you always say things that aren't true?

I do have a problem with it - but getting vaccinated early is better than refusing when asked, like some tin-foil anti-vaxxer. - especially since tin-foil anti-vaxxers are likely to be exhibiting the "it's just the fucking flu" mindset and subsequent behaviours that go along with being that level of twat.

I've come to th conclusion that opinions on this forum are based more on who someone is rather than what they've done.

Literally fraud and you're like nah np what if I claimed £10k in carer benefits instead? Cool with that?
He should have waited his turn. But on the sliding scale of "crime" it's low impact. It's one more person vaccinated. I've patiently waited my turn (in the knowledge that I could jump the queue myself) - but I'm struggling to be as "outraged" by it as you are.

However, as stated - waiting until 4:30-5pm at the end of the day is a good thing that prevents waste - why haven't you done that if you're so eager to get vaccinated?

Gwadien

However, as stated - waiting until 4:30-5pm at the end of the day is a good thing that prevents waste - why haven't you done that if you're so eager to get vaccinated?

Because work, as I've already explained?

People that work in contact with lots of people aren't working at home so don't have the ability to pop out and wait around for a jab.

Instead I'm waiting my turn but it's going to take a while if lots of people are jumping ahead because they're eager to get back to the pub...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I didn't say that. Why do you always say things that aren't true?

I do have a problem with it - but getting vaccinated early is better than refusing when asked, like some tin-foil anti-vaxxer. - especially since tin-foil anti-vaxxers are likely to be exhibiting the "it's just the fucking flu" mindset and subsequent behaviours that go along with being that level of twat.

He should have waited his turn. But on the sliding scale of "crime" it's low impact. It's one more person vaccinated. I've patiently waited my turn (in the knowledge that I could jump the queue myself) - but I'm struggling to be as "outraged" by it as you are.

Because he has a job that means he cant?

The problem with your way of thinking is that it massively leans in favour of people with cushy work at home or office jobs where popping out early to get vaccinated is possible.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Frankly, I would rather see someone jump the queue than not get vaccinated because they are edgy AF.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because he has a job that means he cant?

The problem with your way of thinking is that it massively leans in favour of people with cushy work at home or office jobs where popping out early to get vaccinated is possible.
@Gwadien's a teacher. He finishes at 3, no? ;)

I dunno about "cushy" WFH jobs. I've a mate who's definitely got one of them, he probably has three hours actual work to do a day and the rest of the time he plays Valheim - but he's a prisoner, he has to be available for his work day so can't just "pop out" - as I suspect is the case for most people.

Meh. I bet it's not *loads* of people. I'd like to see the actual stats on "queue jumpers" before I waste any more time getting outraged at @Marc :)

Like @Raven said - better a jab you're going to get anyway a bit early, than dodging a jab when you're asked to take it.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Marc

FH is my second home
@Gwadien's a teacher. He finishes at 3, no? ;)

I dunno about "cushy" WFH jobs. I've a mate who's definitely got one of them, he probably has three hours actual work to do a day and the rest of the time he plays Valheim - but he's a prisoner, he has to be available for his work day so can't just "pop out" - as I suspect is the case for most people.

Meh. I bet it's not *loads* of people. I'd like to see the actual stats on "queue jumpers" before I waste any more time getting outraged at @Marc :)

Like @Raven said - better a jab you're going to get anyway a bit early, than dodging a jab when you're asked to take it.

to be fair. When I rocked up for my jab the amount of people there who were my age or younger made it obvious that loads of people are doing it.

that said, like my GP mate said, the official line is “people over the age of “x” can come for their jab. The unofficial line is “jab every fucker who wants one”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom