Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Politician in not seeing promise through shocker.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I mean, the Eurovision IS very continental Euro pop, which means that its manufactured music, but 10 years behind the trend.

If you think the music produced on the Eurovision is good, then I think you should have your ears checked.

Hey, the point i made tried calling you but you never picked up. It seem to be a far reaching trend, this denial you and the brits seem to be suffering from

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I mean, the Eurovision IS very continental Euro pop, which means that its manufactured music, but 10 years behind the trend.

If you think the music produced on the Eurovision is good, then I think you should have your ears checked.
Are you aware how big Eorovision is in Sweden especially your generation and younger?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Are you aware how big Eorovision is in Sweden especially your generation and younger?

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

It's still manufactured bullshit, purely created to win votes, and as much as I hate to sound like Job, who's more likely to win it? a genuinely good artist from the UK or a gay Muslim trans person from continental Europe?

It's political for a start.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Bitter much? :p

UK gets a free pass through qualification rounds and ends up sending rubbish songs through, UK could literally send anything, take some risks :)

Considering winners have been everything from Germany, Azerbaijan, and everything within between, even with some nordic dominance recently, its probably not as political as you think

dysfunction

FH is my second home

UK gets a free pass through qualification rounds and ends up sending rubbish songs through, UK could literally send anything, take some risks :)

Considering winners have been everything from Germany, Azerbaijan, and everything within between, even with some nordic dominance recently, its probably not as political as you think

There is definitely a bias though. Plenty of tactical voting. They are not necessarily voting for the best song.

Embattle

FH is my second home

It's still manufactured bullshit, purely created to win votes, and as much as I hate to sound like Job, who's more likely to win it? a genuinely good artist from the UK or a gay Muslim trans person from continental Europe?

Shocking turn of events, you sounding Jobish and me agreeing with you :p

The majority of those that used to watch it in the UK did so to hear Terry and others commentary on the acts.

Gwadien

Nah, not bitter at all, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Eurovision, which is a shame, because I like music.

The problem is that Eurovision isn't music, it's far from it, it's manufactured shite, you're better off watching a TV advert with the music they produce, it may as well be the same shit.

I think they might get my interest if they have a grand final or some shit where there's like 5 artists playing, but I'm not going around eastern europe listening to whatever they think qualifies as good 'modern' music, because it's all the same shit. (This has been corroborated with many eastern europeans that it is fact, and I'm not just turning into Job :))

I think it's actually much worse than the X-Factor and The Voice and all that other garbage.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Wow..

Last edited:

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Nah, not bitter at all, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Eurovision, which is a shame, because I like music.

The problem is that Eurovision isn't music, it's far from it, it's manufactured shite, you're better off watching a TV advert with the music they produce, it may as well be the same shit.

I think they might get my interest if they have a grand final or some shit where there's like 5 artists playing, but I'm not going around eastern europe listening to whatever they think qualifies as good 'modern' music, because it's all the same shit. (This has been corroborated with many eastern europeans that it is fact, and I'm not just turning into Job :))

I think it's actually much worse than the X-Factor and The Voice and all that other garbage.
Ok but for a snowflake you don’t mind being culturally insensitive which was my point - you may not realise it but Eurovision or Melodifestivalen has been going since 1959 and is the most popular tv show nearly half the country - in Sweden life almost stops. I do not believe it is all about the music - when MF is on it brings people together across all ages and sub cultures. It is a phenomena I have not experienced and I do not think it should dismissed so easily :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok but for a snowflake you don’t mind being culturally insensitive which was my point
He also has no ethical problem with foreign people being paid really shit wages to do jobs we won't put up with.

Seems like he doesn't give a fuck about foreigners and how they feel full stop.

To be fair - Eurovision is shit btw ;)

Job

No one wants to win it..you have to pay to host the next one.

Its also a great annual reminder how different European countries are.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I thought we had already had the discussion of "i dont like thing X so its shit" a million times but apparently not :p

Gwadien

I think this has more to do with the rise of digital banking rather than Brexit to be honest.

Actually, expanding on this, it could actually be bad news for the UK, I'd imagine that digital banking requires less employees than conventional banking.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Bet they don't float in the UK; the latest VC money is to crack the US and NYSE is where they'll end up; the reason for starting in the UK was a pre-Brexit world where the UK was going to be the Open Banking leader (and still is in many respects), but Revolut has been diversifying away from its UK customer base at pace, probably because the guys who set it up are eastern European...

Job

I know youre all gagging for us to fail.

But we are the envy of Europe..except for the weather.

Job

Lol because we are.

That few days in Chamonix reminded me out insular the French can be...seriously, the staff at the cable car organising the queue..one of the most visited and internationally famous tourist attractions in the world could barely speak english, even the ticket sellers had very heavy accented basic english and the english signs run out as soon as you get past the front entrance.

The toursist info staff were spot on, but so many young workers with practically no english..it seems to be getting worse.
We were trying to get help from French people in the queue because the announcement was undecipherable, so many had no english at all.
I mean its their country and all, but all this globalisation Macron wanks over and they struggle..or dont care to get good english speakers at tourist attractions.

I still love them though...grumpy old bar man, I asked for sauvignon blanc and he said 'dont speak english'...in english hilariously.

Its two fucking french words.

What he really means is 'say it exactly right you english twat.'

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You are a twat if you go to any country and expect them to speak your language at all.

How's your French @Job? Get along conversationally in it?

Personally, hardly speaking a word of French myself but desparately trying to converse in their own language, as is only polite, I found both serving staff and general members of the public hugely welcoming and attentive, friendly and polite.

You accuse them of being insular - but it's you who are so limited that you expect a country that is streets ahead of ours in being multi-lingual to speak your language.

Why should they? For the most part they're a billion times better at English than we are in French.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair. I really don't believe even you are thick enough to actually think how you posted - you *must* be trolling.

I guess that's another week of not responding to anything you say coming up.

/sigh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've stood behind a holidaymaker in a queue in a French supermarket before, she was trying to communicate something to the cashier. She turned to her husband, exasperated, and said "I wish she'd just bloody speak English". That's @Job, that is. Going to a foreign country (one that is infinitely more welcoming than England) and whining that they don't speak his language. LOADS of French people speak English.

(A couple of days after he thought he was sneakily getting one over on them by his wife wearing a union jack top or something. Passive aggressive nonsense.)

Gwadien

So @Job there's that village somewhere that sees ridiculous amounts of chinese tourism, by your logic the people that work in that village should learn Chinese, no?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Honestly. If people just stop talking to him for a week when he says something so *monumentally* retarded then at least FH would be doing something different than it's always done in response.

Job

English is THE world language..why the fuck would I learn French..it would take years and Id be able to barely communicate.....in France a bit of Africa and Canada.

So Id still be fucked in the rest of Europe.
Im sorry but if youre French and you dont learn English ..you are insular.
Fine..but dont get a job serving people in a international tourist hotspot.

Imagine how closed your world is living in France with no english skills.

Job

So @Job there's that village somewhere that sees ridiculous amounts of chinese tourism, by your logic the people that work in that village should learn Chinese, no?
No..teach them English...they love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom