Legion - First thoughts

Ormorof

FH is my second home
started again after hearing good things, intro was awesome but the first few quests once in broken isles seem a bit underwhelming so far

You are the world Shaman! leader of the Earthen Ring! Master of the Elements!!!

now go push some fish back in the river and help weed our crops

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
started again after hearing good things, intro was awesome but the first few quests once in broken isles seem a bit underwhelming so far

You are the world Shaman! leader of the Earthen Ring! Master of the Elements!!!

now go push some fish back in the river and help weed our crops

Yeah i pretty much have the same issues as you do with the classes back story and supposed role in Legion.

For some classes they kind of made it work if you squint hard enough. But for some of them the whole setup is laughable..

I have an especially hard time with the Shaman, Druid and Paladin story and i'm utterly convinced that if Blizzard makes a new expansion we will be appointed Warchief of the Horde or King/Queen of the alliance.. Because that's the only thing left now unless Blizzard makes a complete 180..

We've gone from being random grunts in vanilla and BC to celebrated heroes in WOtLK to übergenerals of our factions combined armed forces in Draenor to basically sharing the spot as the second most powerful and influential figure in the game with the other classes...

And as you said yourself, despite all that happened at the beginning of Legion we STILL have to run around collecting bear arses and save fishes because 2 persons at a fishing hut think their plight is so bad they need US to stop SAVING THE FUCKING WORLD just to help them instead of sending one of their lazy ass elite guards (that never do anything useful anyway) to do it..

Seriously! I'M DESPERATELY TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD HERE!! WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FISHES!!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Really quite enjoying it now, mostly playing prot (gearing as holy)...because fuck trying to kill anything as holy.

Love finding little caves, loads of little easter eggs all over the place.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ok tried out different zone (the one with naga) and its a lot more fun than the tauren one

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not sure what the long term attraction of world quests is, doing them for a reason atm (to gear up/level weapon) but after that, meh.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Not sure what the long term attraction of world quests is, doing them for a reason atm (to gear up/level weapon) but after that, meh.
Do not know how far through you are but there is rep with Nightfallen as it is gated and when they expand they have said this storyline will be progressed. Rep with other factions as there are recipes gated behind the rep level. It had been reported that the emissary caches have a high level of legendary drop. Then it depends on your end game as WQ are supposed to drop gear at your average item level (not working that well atm). PvP towers sadly nerfed a little now but an easy way to prestige, profession quests and pet battle achievements. There is so much to do in this expansion without touching on mythic, mythic + and raids. Normally by now Ihave levelled my alchemist (purely to support pot making for guild raids), she just had her artifact weapon and that is it... They really don't take long either. Kris and I can clear them all in c. 90 mins (less if horde behave)... You play Paladin iirc if so your artifact hidden appearance is gated behind AK10 which will take c.40 days after reaching lvl 110...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I just transmogged the weapons, I wasn't that keen on their look really, so not massively bothered about the appearances, except for completion. Unlocked Nightfallen now and chugging through the quests.
Dipped into raiding now too, done 1 boss on mythic and a bunch of heroics, enjoyed it but a little chaotic as holy.

Getting there with crafting but without a collector its a little pricey, spent loads on gear and even more on pets, up to 799 pets now.

My only real criticism at this point is the viability of alts. I usually like to have a couple of the go for a change of pace, I usually just get them LFR ready but its quite daunting at this point, though I guess in future they will do something to nerf the amount of points needed on the weapon, or at least the amount you earn.

Syri

FH is my second home
My only real criticism at this point is the viability of alts. I usually like to have a couple of the go for a change of pace, I usually just get them LFR ready but its quite daunting at this point, though I guess in future they will do something to nerf the amount of points needed on the weapon, or at least the amount you earn.
There's a catch-up mechanism in the artifact research. As time goes by, the amount of time it takes to do research will drop, so a few months in, artifacts will level up a lot quicker than at launch, once you start getting research done.

I've not seen much of Legion's content so far myself, as shortly after I got my monk to 110, some friends decided we should re-form our old guild, but on a high population server, so I've since been levelling a new monk, horde this time, on Draenor. What I saw on my alliance monk though did really make me want to get the new one up and into the new content again.

Yoni

There's a catch-up mechanism in the artifact research. As time goes by, the amount of time it takes to do research will drop, so a few months in, artifacts will level up a lot quicker than at launch, once you start getting research done.

I've not seen much of Legion's content so far myself, as shortly after I got my monk to 110, some friends decided we should re-form our old guild, but on a high population server, so I've since been levelling a new monk, horde this time, on Draenor. What I saw on my alliance monk though did really make me want to get the new one up and into the new content again.
If it is a monk why not faction and realm change?

Yoni

I just transmogged the weapons, I wasn't that keen on their look really, so not massively bothered about the appearances, except for completion. Unlocked Nightfallen now and chugging through the quests.
Dipped into raiding now too, done 1 boss on mythic and a bunch of heroics, enjoyed it but a little chaotic as holy.

Getting there with crafting but without a collector its a little pricey, spent loads on gear and even more on pets, up to 799 pets now.

Please tell m

only to a point for alts you still have to invest in AK to level your weapon after the first 13 points...

Syri

FH is my second home
If it is a monk why not faction and realm change?
Partly in case things don't work out and I want to go back to my alliance characters, but mostly because I couldn't afford it. Near enough £40 to transfer and faction change... my current financial situation just doesn't allow me to justify that. I wouldn't be playing at all if it weren't for the token, and the fact I put a load of gold by when garrisons were giving it away.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I had 7 alts working those garrisons.

Good times (@Big G)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
giphy.gif

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I am struggling to motivate myself to play. At 103 and I just can't.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I really enjoyed getting to level 110. Its the bit after that is boring me now. I even enjoyed world quests for about a week, now its just a grind. Haven't even logged since Wednesday last week, just too much else to play in the diminishing time I have for gaming.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I managed to get to within one bar of 105, not totally terrible, but not great either. Loads of rested xp helps a lot. I'll probably cancel my subscription. If I'm going to sub to an MMO, it might as well be EVE Online.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Really SilverHood? You'd rather sub to a spreadsheet with a fancy screensaver then anything else? :)

Syri

FH is my second home
I think one of the defining things with WoW is the community you're in. If you're in a good guild and/or have a lot of friends to play with, it's all so much more enjoyable. If you don't have many people to play with, or don't fit in well with the guild you're in or something, it can get dull very fast. I was starting to lose interest already on my alliance characters, as the guild I was in just didn't feel right for me any more. Some friends came back and got a guild going on horde, playing more casually, and I'm really getting into it.
It just seems to be one of those games where having the right people around can really make the game, far more than whatever content Blizzard puts in (though that certainly does help keep you all in it together)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I really enjoyed getting to level 110. Its the bit after that is boring me now. I even enjoyed world quests for about a week, now its just a grind. Haven't even logged since Wednesday last week, just too much else to play in the diminishing time I have for gaming.

yeah exactly the same for me really, enjoyed getting to 100, thought the world quests were good but now

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I reckon I will play it still, shit loads of cash so subs are paid for with gold. Might have a look at DAOC again though, got a 30 day freebie on all my accounts...maybe I burnt out a little bit trying to play catch up with the guild, I came to the expansion a bit late, I didn't know it was out. Got hunter to 110 and hated it, switched to pally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom