how can i cancel my subscription??

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
i've looked but can not find how to cancel my subs. any advice plz?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Log in to war-europe, go on my profile and scroll down until you see the 'Terminate your subscription' box, click on it and then choose yes.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Then check every week in case GOA re-activate it without telling you........

mooSe_

FH is my second home
That's some pretty good advice actually, I noticed mine was on auto-renewal again recently, dunno how long its been like that though because I haven't checked for a few months; doesn't really matter to me though as I've been subbed-up the whole time.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I canceled my sub about 2 months ago and GOA didnt reactivate it automatically. Got the seven day warning e-mail and the one that tells you about closing the account. So not everyone has these kinds of problems.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I canceled my sub about 2 months ago and GOA didnt reactivate it automatically. Got the seven day warning e-mail and the one that tells you about closing the account. So not everyone has these kinds of problems.

Indeed, but it happened to some in DAoC & has happened to some in WAR so it was just a friendly reminder.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Log in to war-europe, go on my profile and scroll down until you see the 'Terminate your subscription' box, click on it and then choose yes.
I cancelled my card aswell to be sure.

rynnor

Rockhound
I cancelled the auto on my subscription to test this and it worked fine - I dont think theres any billing problems in WAR.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
When they changed the billing system about a month or two after launch iirc....they changed everyones subscription back to automatic ( me+friends had set ours to manual and found them reset to auto after that update ).

Imo a criminal offence.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
When they changed the billing system about a month or two after launch iirc....they changed everyones subscription back to automatic ( me+friends had set ours to manual and found them reset to auto after that update ).

Imo a criminal offence.

I have had to set mine to manual twice now, even though I never once chose to put auto-renewal on in the first place.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Seriously though, if you've ever submitted your card numbers to GoA i'd suggest drawing a fortnight's worth of cash to live off and getting a new card sent out so the ID/Issue is invalid on the old one and they can't auto-nick money again.

It's what i resorted to back in DAoC when a similar "bug" happened...:twak:

rynnor

Rockhound
It worked fine for me when I tested it a month or so ago - whats the point of making stuff up about it?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
It worked fine for me when I tested it a month or so ago - whats the point of making stuff up about it?

Because it has happened before in Warhammer & DAoC so it's not actually something that's made up but rather something that has already been experienced by many customers - some of which have experienced it multiple times????

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Because it has happened before in Warhammer & DAoC so it's not actually something that's made up but rather something that has already been experienced by many customers - some of which have experienced it multiple times????

Also because it's better safe than sorry :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home

What do you mean making stuff up? I have cancelled my subscription twice and it has been set to auto-renewal twice during the time that my subscription has had left. My subscription finally runs out in a few days and I'm going to take a while off before thinking about resubscribing, and I'm going to check my account the day before to check it isn't on auto-renewal again.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Making stuff up? I canceled auto renewal 3 times and everytime i renewed manually it set it back to auto renewal (it might be fixed now, i honestly don't know).
Admittedly now that i canceled it didn't "AUTO" renewed, but it's an heads up for people to double check it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

As stated, myself+3 friends set our subscriptions to manual , when they "updated" the payment system they switched them all back to automatic, and we had to switch them back to manual ourselves.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
As stated, myself+3 friends set our subscriptions to manual , when they "updated" the payment system they switched them all back to automatic, and we had to switch them back to manual ourselves.

Pfft we're obviouslly all making it up. Fraps or it never happened!!!111!!!

rynnor

Rockhound

But it aint happening now - its like saying dont use ferrys because once it was very stormy when its a flat calm day.

I tend to think people just say it because they are angry at GOA which is fair enough but complain about the real problems not stuff they are getting right :)

rynnor

Rockhound

Well theres a simple test - have you had your WAR subscription go from manual to automatic - if you havent then you are indeed making stuff up.

So far everything you have said in this thread has been 3rd hand.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Well theres a simple test - have you had your WAR subscription go from manual to automatic - if you havent then you are indeed making stuff up.

Yes, as have ECA, Gahn, mooSe to name but 3 others that have said so in this thread. That's for WAR; DAoC had the same issue but lets not go there as well.

So that's not really 3rd hand information now is it?

mooSe_

FH is my second home

I checked my subscription last week and it was on auto-renewal, despite setting it to manual last time I re-subbed. I did re-sub several months ago so I don't know exactly how long it has been like that, so maybe they have fixed it in the last few month I don't know.
I'm not one of those people who bashes GOA for no reason, I don't have a grudge against them like most DAoC players do since I never played it; and I don't even know what GOA have done in the past, all I have to go on is my own experience of GOA setting my subscription to auto-renewal.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I checked my subscription last week and it was on auto-renewal, despite setting it to manual last time I re-subbed. I did re-sub several months ago so I don't know exactly how long it has been like that, so maybe they have fixed it in the last few month I don't know.
I'm not one of those people who bashes GOA for no reason, I don't have a grudge against them like most DAoC players do since I never played it; and I don't even know what GOA have done in the past, all I have to go on is my own experience of GOA setting my subscription to auto-renewal.

Sush we are, obviously, having allucinations :m00:

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Sush we are, obviously, having allucinations :m00:

Like I said:

BTW mooSe I'm not actually engaging in GOA bashing here - what happened in DAoC happened in DAoC. All I was doing was suggesting people in what I thought was a friendly & heplful way. At no point did I say that GOA suxx0r.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Like I said:

BTW mooSe I'm not actually engaging in GOA bashing here - what happened in DAoC happened in DAoC. All I was doing was suggesting people in what I thought was a friendly & heplful way. At no point did I say that GOA suxx0r.

Yeah I know I wasn't implying that, I was more pointing to what rynnor said about people complaining about GOA.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I just didn't buy all the explenations they gave about this at the time:

Accidental
Account Bugs
Billing software bugs
Hamsters danced on the keyboard just right to resub on our end!

Did they really expect anyone with even a modest knowledge IT and financial regulations governing use of card details to not go "bullshit" at reading that?

I'm mean i'm hardly an expert but having had this "bug" mysteriously appear in 2 different games, using 2 different billing systems, to have randomly experienced a "bug" or had "accidents" made with their subscriptions?

Lets look for the common factor here in both DAoC and WAR. Oh, that's right - it's GoA!

*This post may have been influenced by the fact i was in work shortly after 6am and have yet to leave. I take no responsibility for it and blame Aerai/Legan for it entirely.

rynnor

Rockhound
Lets look for the common factor here in both DAoC and WAR. Oh, that's right - it's GoA![/i]

Sure they have had problems in the past - I wonder if Flash had some part to play in these cases?

However I did recently try it after reading peoples concerns here and it didnt reset me to automatic renewal but actually lapsed to a closed account as you'd expect.

Has anyone actually had a recent experience of it not working properly and if so did you complain and what did they say? I'm just trying to work out if this is still an issue?

It would be interesting if we could work out a common thread amongst the problem ones - I was using IE to access the site - anyone had problems on Chrome/Firefox etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom