News The Credit Crunch is really real

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
How do you find time to eat 6 meals a day ?

Or rather how do you find time to work in between meals?

pretty simple, bob.

on a work day i have breakfast, 3 meals at work and 1 at home. i condense it down to 5 but with the same nutrition.

on none work days i have a meal every 2-3 hours. or if i need to be out etc, miss a meal or squeeze 2 lots in at once.
same for when im at uni.

tris-

I'd like to see that.

for 8 days -

4x15 eggs
10 banana
8x 500g fromage frais or 4kg cottage cheese
12 apples
1kg oats
2 packs oat cakes
1-2 loaf wholemeal bread
3 cartons fruit juice
8 litres of milk
1kg chicken
300 > 400g protein powder

gives 3000 calories a day, 5 portions of fruit a day. throw in 2 portions of veg a day for another £2.50 if you want them.

Uara

Part of the furniture
When I lived in Leeds as a student, I found that going to the butchers really saved money. In the big market there, there's a long row of different butchers all doing like £5 and £10 deals. The £5 deal normally gave mince,chicken legs,sausages,burgers,liver(could be changed if u didnt like it),lamb chops and if you were on good terms could sometimes get some form of steak meat as well.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
for 8 days -

4x15 eggs
10 banana
12 apples
1kg oats
2 packs oat cakes
1-2 loaf wholemeal bread
3 cartons fruit juice
8 litres of milk
1kg chicken

gives 3000 calories a day, 5 portions of fruit a day. throw in 2 portions of veg a day for another £2.50 if you want them.

Sounds like the most boring diet in the world. And that's way too many eggs for normal people, nutritionalists would recommend less than half that per week. And the "five a day" thing is supposed to be mixed fruit and veg; all fruit is too high in sugar. Your diet looks like a sort of bodybuilder diet, but real humans don't eat like that.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
as a veggi i find food quite cheap

that said ready made vegi stuff that you freeze is quite expensive but not that i have to worry bout that cos the fucking freezer is broken :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
if it helps i could show you my shopping list for 25-30 quid and 6 healthy meals a day.

Aha! Thinks me...
I'd like to see that.

So...

for 8 days -

4x15 eggs
10 banana
12 apples
1kg oats
2 packs oat cakes
1-2 loaf wholemeal bread
3 cartons fruit juice
8 litres of milk
1kg chicken

Jeeesus Tittyfucking Christ Tris.

This is just the sort of reason I hate going to the gym. It's full of people who've deluded themselves into thinking that this sort of shit is healthy. :(

(And they're full of underconfident people who think that buffing up is the secrets to unlocking teh w0menz!) ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
tris, I am doing 3000 calories a day too now, but 1000cals comes from a shake. I have to say that your food does look waay to repetitive. I am glad that I live at home, and can leave the creativity to my mum.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
for 8 days -

4x15 eggs
10 banana
12 apples
1kg oats
2 packs oat cakes
1-2 loaf wholemeal bread
3 cartons fruit juice
8 litres of milk
1kg chicken

I could not eat that.
I like variety in my diet thank you very much.
This is what I am having/had for dinner this week:

Monday: Salami Pasta & Salad
Tuesday: Pork Loin chops Tomato, Beans & Broccoli
Wednesday: Lamb Curry incl vege variety & Rice
Thursday: Lasagne & Salad
Friday: Smoked mackerel, Potatoes, Carrots, Peas

All Purchased for 3 people in mind Approx cost for 5 days: £35
All made from scratch...usually have leftovers so you could say thats for 4 people

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I work IT projects. My diet tends to consist of chinese, surinam and thai take away food :(

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like the most boring diet in the world. And that's way too many eggs for normal people, nutritionalists would recommend less than half that per week. And the "five a day" thing is supposed to be mixed fruit and veg; all fruit is too high in sugar. Your diet looks like a sort of bodybuilder diet, but real humans don't eat like that.

Whilst being curious about how many eggs are too many I stumbled upon Too many eggs, & too much fibre? - DiscussBodybuilding.com
, guess it is a bodybuilding diet :)

Which of course is fine if thats what Tris is into, not knocking it. Just surprised by how accurate DaGaffers, assumption was.

I'll go away.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
I eat a fair bit of pasta mixed with stuff and am lucky enough to have a missus that doesn't work and so can prepare decent meals.

I can also appreciate how difficult it can be to do when everyone is in fulltime employment as seemingly, what with childcare duties etc there aren't enough hours in the day.

Perhaps we could start a petition to get the day extended by an hour so that we can, as directed by our wonderful government, eat more healthily. :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yes. today Suriname, tomorrow the world!!11 *cackle*

tris-

tris, I am doing 3000 calories a day too now, but 1000cals comes from a shake. I have to say that your food does look waay to repetitive. I am glad that I live at home, and can leave the creativity to my mum.

yes it is repetetive, but i dont have a problem with it my self so whos to say its wrong of me to be eating it?

any proof? i could show you a dietetitian who worked for the NHS and has been a nutritionist for the last 20 years who would not agree with you. 5 a day does not have have to be mixed. it is beneficial to eat different ones but not necessary. what do you mean - all fruit is too high in sugar? can yoiu show me a reference to this, it sounds completley incorrect. the sugar in fruit is fructose, which has the same glycemic index as porridge oats i.e. the energy is released from it extremely slowly. 250g of strawberries has about 2g of sugar, is this too much? even the government recomends your average fat twat eats 90g of sugar a day. 5 pieces of fruit comes to less than that, AND its fructose not sucrose etc.
also, do you realise in an egg there is a yolk and a white? it is possible to split them but again there is proof to show eating egg yolks does not increase blood cholestrol levels. the egg is also the most nutritional food going next to oats. if you get free range youl also be getting omega 3 in the yolks.

can you define what a normal person is please?

scouse, how is that food NOT healthy? it seems we have a lot of experts here, but no information to backup anything they say. would you rather i ate a sandwhich everyday and drank cola and ate frozen foods?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm not saying its wrong of you, I am saying that I could not do that myself. I do the eggs (but only one a day) and oats, but to do only those goods for weeks on end would just end my enthusiasm for food. And eating is something I enjoy.

tris-

I'm not saying its wrong of you, I am saying that I could not do that myself. I do the eggs (but only one a day) and oats, but to do only those goods for weeks on end would just end my enthusiasm for food. And eating is something I enjoy.

i wont say its easy to get into as it isnt. but then ive been doing it nearly a year now and eating like this is second nature to me. all i can tell you is it works, for me and 1000s of others around the world. probably the upside is i like the taste of everything i eat so its not really a problem. i dont just stick oats in a bowl of water and eat them. i dont just fling a load of eggs onto a piece of bread and eat it. i usually go through cycles in what i eat too. for example at one time i was eating stir fry and bolognaise everyday. full of vegetables and everything else people are complaining about.

tris-

Which of course is fine if thats what Tris is into, not knocking it. Just surprised by how accurate DaGaffers, assumption was.

I'll go away.

how is it accurate? if you actually read the page you will find this reference

This is a popular misconception not supported by evidence, according to Dr. Donald J. McNamara, PhD, of the Egg Nutrition Center, in Washington, DC.

Studies demonstrate that dietary cholesterol increases both LDL and HDL cholesterol with essentially no change in the important LDL: HDL cholesterol ratio.

Eating cholesterol does not raise your cholesterol. Your liver makes over 95% of your cholesterol. You only store about ONE TEASPOON of sugar in your ENTIRE bloodstream. When you eat grains, sugar, soda and juice they are rapidly converted to sugar. This sugar is not needed in the blood stream so it is shifted to the liver where the liver converts it to saturated fat. The increase in cholesterol is almost always due to eating too many grains and sugar.

btw, i eat 6 egg yolks a day. that is 30g of fat, about 10g of saturated fat. how is this worse than what a "normal person" eats (what ever that is)? i believe 20g of saturated fat is recommended with 70g of dietary fat. is it more healthy to get your fat from an egg yolk or a microwave meal, tesco sandwhich, processed meat etc? keeping in mind how much much more nutritious the egg yolk is as a source of fat (iron, vitamins, other nutrients not found anywhere else)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I could not eat that.
I like variety in my diet thank you very much.
This is what I am having/had for dinner this week:

Monday: Salami Pasta & Salad
Tuesday: Pork Loin chops Tomato, Beans & Broccoli
Wednesday: Lamb Curry incl vege variety & Rice
Thursday: Lasagne & Salad
Friday: Smoked mackerel, Potatoes, Carrots, Peas

All Purchased for 3 people in mind Approx cost for 5 days: £35
All made from scratch...usually have leftovers so you could say thats for 4 people

You are missing out the other 2-3 meals during the day though. So your budget is massive.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
how is it accurate? if you actually read the page you will find this reference

btw, i eat 6 egg yolks a day. that is 30g of fat, about 10g of saturated fat. how is this worse than what a "normal person" eats (what ever that is)? i believe 20g of saturated fat is recommended with 70g of dietary fat. is it more healthy to get your fat from an egg yolk or a microwave meal, tesco sandwhich, processed meat etc? keeping in mind how much much more nutritious the egg yolk is as a source of fat (iron, vitamins, other nutrients not found anywhere else)

Dietary fat is a buzzword and something that doesn't exsist.

Of you're daily calorie intake around 35% should be made up of fat, and the less trans fat the better. If you can eat no trans fat then that's excellent. I'd like to see where the 20g and 70g bit came from.

tris-

its a government guideline, not what i follow but the only official sources i can give.

i dont eat any damaged fats, all mine comes from; butter, yolk, oats, olive oil.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't quite understand why people would recommend you eat saturated fat. Polyunsaturated fat is still fat but does all the good things that fat does without the bad, so it seems silly to recommend saturated fat at all, even if only in moderation.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
scouse, how is that food NOT healthy? it seems we have a lot of experts here, but no information to backup anything they say. would you rather i ate a sandwhich everyday and drank cola and ate frozen foods?

I wouldn't say that food isn't healthy for a week or so - but if that's all you eat....?

I knew a guy who only ate potato products and drank nothing but tea. Ever.

He still lives....but it's not healthy.

And if you intend living with someone in the future you can pretty much kiss goodbye to that diet. Who but a nutbar bodybuilder would put up with it?! ;)

tris-

I don't quite understand why people would recommend you eat saturated fat. Polyunsaturated fat is still fat but does all the good things that fat does without the bad, so it seems silly to recommend saturated fat at all, even if only in moderation.

it is used in the production of hormones from my understanding. just to make sure i get a good mix of all types of healthy fat to cover my bases.

scouse, can you not see the different here. eating spuds and drinking tea v healthy balanced meals everyday? and can you tell me how it is not healthy?

in your view, what is healthy? to me, an everyday person eats a typical 3 square meals. breakfast as a sugar cereal or some toast. dinner is a sandwhich, or a salad with some cold meat. dinner/tea on the night is a mixed bag of processed carbs with little/no fibre, and a fatty protein source. that is what i see everyday people eating, which isnt healthy to me. yes i eat the same thing each day. take a typical person, they may well eat a different PRODUCT each day but the nutrition value is still the same. i.e. one day you eat a frozen lasagne, the next day you eat frozen chips and some meat.

for my breakfast i eat - a banana, milk, oats, protein powder, all blended up. is it more healthy to eat the latest nestle cereal? or an unbalanced meal such as buttered toast?

DaGaffer

it is used in the production of hormones from my understanding. just to make sure i get a good mix of all types of healthy fat to cover my bases.

scouse, can you not see the different here. eating spuds and drinking tea v healthy balanced meals everyday? and can you tell me how it is not healthy?

in your view, what is healthy? to me, an everyday person eats a typical 3 square meals. breakfast as a sugar cereal or some toast. dinner is a sandwhich, or a salad with some cold meat. dinner/tea on the night is a mixed bag of processed carbs with little/no fibre, and a fatty protein source. that is what i see everyday people eating, which isnt healthy to me. yes i eat the same thing each day. take a typical person, they may well eat a different PRODUCT each day but the nutrition value is still the same. i.e. one day you eat a frozen lasagne, the next day you eat frozen chips and some meat.

for my breakfast i eat - a banana, milk, oats, protein powder, all blended up. is it more healthy to eat the latest nestle cereal? or an unbalanced meal such as buttered toast?

It may be healthy but its also shoot-yourself-in-the-face-DULL! Seriously, what's the point? Will it get you more tail? No. Will it make you rich? No. Will it make you live longer? Possibly, but probably not as genetics will out anyway, and even if it does you'll have such a fucking boring time getting to that grand old age that it hardly seems worth the bother.

Good food is as important as good sex, and you're living the equivalent of a monastic lifestyle. Each to their own and all that, but rather you than me.

tris-

how am i? i go out and get pissed like the rest of the yobs at my age, i draw the line at killing grannies though.
i eat at restraunts.
i eat chocolate, drink cans of sugar coke.
i buy a pizza if i want it.
eat the ice cream from the freezer.
usually after getting pissed i do get some form of regurgitated shit from the take away.

my life is hardly boring just because i eat healthy food, how can you say that? how do you know what i get upto?
it is also not dull to me, like i say i like the food i eat.

ive lived the life of eating anything in sight and i ended up weighing 19stone with a 46" waist. id rather keep it healthy now, and being down to a 32" waist and sitting lean at 14stone im a lot happier in my life.

the above food is my core food you could call it, i eat that as my main intake and indugle in what i fancy on the side.

DaGaffer

how am i? i go out and get pissed like the rest of the yobs at my age, i draw the line at killing grannies though.
i eat at restraunts.
i eat chocolate, drink cans of sugar coke.
i buy a pizza if i want it.
eat the ice cream from the freezer.
usually after getting pissed i do get some form of regurgitated shit from the take away.

That's not what you implied. You said your TOTAL food bill was £25 because that's all you ate. Remember, six meals a day? £25-£30? Ringing any bells?

tris-

yes, i eat six meals a day for 25>30 quid as i said.
but i didnt know going out on the town counted as part of my food bill, or a 50p can of coke twice a week! or buying a £3 pizza once a fortnight should be included (if that, more like once a month).

sorry aada, ill recalculate it. you can do 6 meals a day for 25 quid, get pissed for a night for 40-50 quid and add £1 if you want some cola. if you drink scotch, add £10 a month.

i dont mean to imply i eat a tub of icecream everyday and 3 pizzas a week and goto a restraunt 5 times a week.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's not what you implied. You said your TOTAL food bill was £25 because that's all you ate. Remember, six meals a day? £25-£30? Ringing any bells?

Yep. That's what I thought too...although either way more variety is probably called for. Fish/small amounts of red meat/etc. need to be incorporated (if you don't already) and a lot more veg.

I'm not saying don't eat like you want to tho m8. My diet leaves a lot to be desired... :(

Mey

Part of the furniture
Good on you tbh Tris lot of dedication to stick to something like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom