Collectors Edition taken off "Game.co.uk"

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Noooooo! not sure whats happening really haven't had an Email from Game saying its cancelled and it's still on "My Orders" sooooo \shrug? :confused:

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
I would guess it has something to do with the RRP of the CE being £60 and them only charging £40. They do state that they'll honour any previous orders, but now the RRP has been confirmed, they'll wanna stop anyone else ordering it for £40.

I'd expect it to come up fairly soon at £59.99 but your order at £39.99 should stand

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed it will probably be back in a day or 2 at a higher price once they sort out what the RRP is going to be in UK (maybe they saw the post from IainC saying it was upto GAME if they wanted to lose their margin selling it at £40!).

Glad I got my order in before the increase :D

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
I would guess it has something to do with the RRP of the CE being £60 and them only charging £40. They do state that they'll honour any previous orders, but now the RRP has been confirmed, they'll wanna stop anyone else ordering it for £40.

I'd expect it to come up fairly soon at £59.99 but your order at £39.99 should stand

I really do hope thats the case and they dont cancel it all together :twak:

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
buying stuff through the internet (so ordering it) is a binding contract. If you already ordered it for a certain price, they're obliged to give it to you for that certain price. So you shouldn't worry, you'll get what you ordered :)

Dax

Fledgling Freddie
buying stuff through the internet (so ordering it) is a binding contract. If you already ordered it for a certain price, they're obliged to give it to you for that certain price. So you shouldn't worry, you'll get what you ordered :)

That isn't even close to being true.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
yes it is... for instance if some shop online notes a certain problem costs X dollars, and you order it for that amount, they have to sell it to you for that amount. So when a shop has an item that normally costs let's say 199 dollars, but they make a typo and sell it for 19.9dollars online, when you order it, you'll only have to pay 19.9 dollars.

Also, if they say they shop to a certain country, and you pay them for shopping there, they should ship there.

So maybe it's not a binding contract in definition, but they do have to do what they say they'll do online, so that makes it a binding contract to me.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the only problem might be you dont get it on time as there priority will be to get them out to the ppl in UK i would imagine.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm, I see... the same thing happened a while ago in Belgium in a shop where they sold TVs... they'd completely underpriced a giant plasma-TV, and people who had ordered it before that shop noticed the cock-up actually got the TV for that price. It seemed the right thing to do for the shop.

So by this I was kinda led to believe all online contracts are binding... but as the article states: only when they sent mail confirming it. Ah well, I still wish you all the luck in the world :)

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm, I see... the same thing happened a while ago in Belgium in a shop where they sold TVs... they'd completely underpriced a giant plasma-TV, and people who had ordered it before that shop noticed the cock-up actually got the TV for that price. It seemed the right thing to do for the shop.

So by this I was kinda led to believe all online contracts are binding... but as the article states: only when they sent mail confirming it. Ah well, I still wish you all the luck in the world :)

you have to take into consideration the prices as well, game might honour its prices as in fairness its 20 quid not 300 like the xboxes were, just as Requiel said they are eating into their own margins!

fair play to people who paid less for it if they get it!

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
this is from an email Game sent me when they increased the pre order price of AOC from £17.99 to £24.99

You may have noticed that the price of Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures on the GAME site has gone up to 24.99 GBP

Please do not worry, your credit / debit card will be charged with the lower amount as originally agreed when you placed the order. This is merely one of the benefits of the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service!

It not something legal, or anyhting. Its just good customer service. :D

Hope to see something soon about my WAR:CE order :confused:

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
When I spoke to Game before the CE announcement about whether or not they would be official release partners they were very helpful. They also stated on the phone, just the same as their website, that if you order for a certain price they guarantee to honour it even the price goes up. They also said that if the price went down you would get it at the lower price but never any more than the advertised price at the time you pre-ordered.

Now the whole general pre-order / pre-release early ordering thing doesn't constitute a legally binding contract, at least until they communicate to you that they have accepted your offer. BUT: with their guarantee of never charging you more than the price at the time you ordered that does make the price thing legally binding. However, they do not actually have to accept your offer at all, they can just turn around and say "Sorry, we aren't going to sell it to you at all". That would of course mean you could order it again but at whatever the new price is so it isn't really much of a guarantee. It wouldn't do their PR much good to do this and may even enter into murky legal waters if they decide not to accept certain offers to buy but continue to sell it at another price. I think Game have too much to lose PR-wise hence they appear to be honouring the pre-release price for those who got in early but will make everyone else from now pay (presumably) a higher price.

I wonder what that new price might be since according to IainC the pre-order pack is essentially free. If they, like Play.com, go with the RRP of £59.99 then Game are onto a bit of a loser as they won't it seems be able to include the pre-order pack.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
They possibly removed it because they have sold all of their allocation, I imagine that there is still room for profit for them when selling at £40 as both game and play regularly make such discounts to games (I personally believe play.com are profiteering a bit because of the pre order pack by not offering any discount at all)

As for giving at an advertised price I believe it is binding except where a genuine provable error has taken place (decimal point in wrong place or missed a zero etc) however some stores have in the past honoured such mistakes and took the hit just to save bad publicity.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
This is a note on the order form from "Game":

Note: The price quoted for a preorder title is the anticipated retail selling price at the time of release. Should the price be reduced you will be charged the lower price at the time of your order being dispatched. Should the price increase - you will not pay any more! Money is taken just prior to release.

I just hope they dont cancel it all together :wij:

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
i perordered it from game over a month ago and didnt get an email about it resently :?

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
This is a note on the order form from "Game":

Note: The price quoted for a preorder title is the anticipated retail selling price at the time of release. Should the price be reduced you will be charged the lower price at the time of your order being dispatched. Should the price increase - you will not pay any more! Money is taken just prior to release.

I just hope they dont cancel it all together :wij:

Just recieved this from Game :mad:

Thankyou for your email.

Unfortunately we aren no longer receiving this item in. You will receive an email confirming this and explaining an order cancellation. Your order will be automatically cancelled by us. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

:puke:

G

rofl, somebody at game fucks up..........

"yeah ,that thing we said we would sell you at 40 pounds and if the price went up we wouldn't charge you any more for, well ,we erm kind of fucked up and we don't like seeling things that make us no money so rather than sticking to our printed website terms we will just stop selling the software you ordered, uptil such time as you forget that we ever sold it and then we will replace it with THE EXACT SAME THING priced at 59.99"

nice to see them thinking of the gamers they sell their products to.... NOT

good customer service all round i say, give game 3 cheers

hip hip...................................................... :puke:

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
yes it is... for instance if some shop online notes a certain problem costs X dollars, and you order it for that amount, they have to sell it to you for that amount. So when a shop has an item that normally costs let's say 199 dollars, but they make a typo and sell it for 19.9dollars online, when you order it, you'll only have to pay 19.9 dollars.

So maybe it's not a binding contract in definition, but they do have to do what they say they'll do online, so that makes it a binding contract to me.

Not true. They are under no such obligation. They may choose to honour the price as stated (most companies will do this to prevent bad feelings and bad press), but they are by no means bound to it.

Also they are well within their rights to cancel a pre-order altogether, no cash has changed hands, hence no transaction has occurred. So, simply put, they could theoretically (if they wanted to) cancel an entire pre-order, put the price up, then re-issue the option to pre-order at the new price.

It's more complicated than that though as there is undoubtedly an agreement with the game manufacturer/marketing/supplier etc.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Game have always been 'sales person selling to customer', much like most of the retailers, it's Game Station that were the 'gamers working and selling to other gamers', I know people that have worked in both and say thats the difference between them.

Dispite the name 'Game' is a busness they are really only interested in you parting your money with them not making sure you pick the correct choice for you from experience.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as there are only 55,000 units it is safe to assume they will all be sold through the pre-order vendors. It is entirely possible game will never sell a single copy of the CE

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie
Game have always been 'sales person selling to customer', much like most of the retailers, it's Game Station that were the 'gamers working and selling to other gamers', I know people that have worked in both and say thats the difference between them.

Dispite the name 'Game' is a busness they are really only interested in you parting your money with them not making sure you pick the correct choice for you from experience.

Game Station were bought out by Game last year, they still operate as a separate brandname but its all the same company.

Still havent heard anything from Game regarding my order - I have every confidence they will honour their £40 offer :)

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Game Station were bought out by Game last year, they still operate as a separate brandname but its all the same company.

Still havent heard anything from Game regarding my order - I have every confidence they will honour their £40 offer :)

I hope so but as one of their employees has said they are going to cancel the order I dont hold much hope :(................................To play.com :D

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I hope so but as one of their employees has said they are going to cancel the order I dont hold much hope :(................................To play.com :D
Play.com are still listing it and IainC told us that they going to be very careful not to oversell their allocation so go for it. :)

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Play.com are still listing it and IainC told us that they going to be very careful not to oversell their allocation so go for it. :)

Pre-ordered it over a week ago with PLAY, as I wasnt gettting any response from GAME :twak: just goto wait now :D at least theres light at the end of (a very long) tunnel :D. It's still listed as a preorder on my account though, if their going to cancel it do it already so people are aware of their cock up!

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
Just recieved this from Game UK.....

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your preorder for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collectors Edition.

Unfortunately due to supply issues we have not been able to secure stock of this product and therefore your order has now been cancelled. No money has been debited from your account for this order.

Please don't worry as Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Standard Edition is still available for preorder by clicking the following link - [removed incase it's not allowed]

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We understand you will be disappointed with this news.

Kind Regards
Customer Services
GAME.co.uk

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Brooky,

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It is people like yourself who think they understand why something happened when in fact you couldn't be more wrong with this post and only end up looking like a fool.

rofl, somebody at game fucks up..........

"yeah ,that thing we said we would sell you at 40 pounds and if the price went up we wouldn't charge you any more for, well ,we erm kind of fucked up and we don't like seeling things that make us no money so rather than sticking to our printed website terms we will just stop selling the software you ordered, uptil such time as you forget that we ever sold it and then we will replace it with THE EXACT SAME THING priced at 59.99"

nice to see them thinking of the gamers they sell their products to.... NOT

good customer service all round i say, give game 3 cheers

hip hip...................................................... :puke:

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
Damn you game.co.uk ! Damn you !

Just recieved e-mail too. :mad:

Ordered from some finnish site - www.puolenkuupelit.com

Luckily they had english manual in the top-right corner. :D

ps. if you gonna order there with credit card, select 2nd option in the payment method menu, starts with "L" ;)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved

If they don't they get to much bad press/reviews and such that it will cost them in the long run.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, got an email cancelling my CE preorder from GAME today, Lucky i had already preordered from play.com aswell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom