Feb 28 release date for WHO?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They already said it was pushed back to Q2 so i guess is the usual Amazon shit ^^

Tilda

I'd trust Amazon release dates about as much as a whore who said she was a virgin!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Actually it was released yesterday in the US but because GOA are so evil we're not getting WAR till 2013. It's true, my friend who once thought about applying for beta told me.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'd trust Amazon release dates about as much as a whore who said she was a virgin!

Actually it was released yesterday in the US but because GOA are so evil we're not getting WAR till 2013. It's true, my friend who once thought about applying for beta told me.

It's always been my fantasy to see Tilda post, the Flim just after. Then you both kiss........
Please make it a reality!

But yeah, fuck you amazon with your anally retarded employee's who cant find the correct dates of anything.

I bet their office stinks with all the Out of Date milk and ham

Rubric

Part of the furniture

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
But with beta still going on...dev being in progress...I can't believe US version is ready on 28th of feb? Must be a mistake.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is wrong, feb 28th is the original release date and Amazon have not bothered to update. As it stands we can expect a June release althought they could try for a late spring release or even delay till September.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
War will be released same time in EU and US. Patches will happen the same day. Announcements is done same time. bla bla bla.

rynnor

Rockhound
It is wrong, feb 28th is the original release date and Amazon have not bothered to update. As it stands we can expect a June release althought they could try for a late spring release or even delay till September.

Yes - I'd say it looks more like a Q3 release unless they want to release it in beta state.

Look at the crafting system - so far all thats out there are a couple of sentences spouting generalities - its still on the horizon atmo?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
it was interesting because i just didnt see it there a couple of weeks back when i searched.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
It's been up on Amazon.com as a guess in price and that estimated release date for at least 3 months. The release has been pushed back twice since then, and yeah probably will be pushed back again, they've only just opened up stage 2 of the beta as far as i know. The guilds aren't in for their beta yet, i'm gonna also guess at a Q3 release.

And yeah, i'm kinda disappointed in the lack of info in the crafting system too :D

rynnor

Rockhound
And yeah, i'm kinda disappointed in the lack of info in the crafting system too :D

"Here is my thinking on crafting. I don't like recipe based systems. If it's just pure recipes, it usually means a lot of hunting and pecking for the player, or it means a lot of confusion. I wanted in this crafting system to design something that was more imaginative, more interesting for the player. Was absolutely geared to WAR, So that's what we've done. And that's what we're working on. This is going to be a more open ended crafting system than other games. It's going to allow for more experimentation by the player than other games. And it's going to allow for more interesting results."

Thats all the official detail there is - thats from Nov 07 - its one reason I think the game still has a fair way to go.

It sounds fairly ambitious so I wonder whether it will resemble this idea in the end...

Pica

Fledgling Freddie
Well atleast it is not blizzard thats making the game, then it would be Q3 2010 :p
but yeah Q3 sounds like a good bet

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Well i'd not watched that blog, and seems to counter the recipe 'lite' system they were suggesting in Rynnor's quote, which i recognise vaguely from a dev chat.

Be interesting to see what they come up with in the end. Just hope it isn't all 'go buy your materials' like it was in DAoC....23 plat to get LGM weaponcrafting. That was a lot of money in classic lol.

rynnor

Rockhound

Nooo - those video blogs are cringe worthily bad <Shudder!> - I only read transcripts of em :)

Truely those blogs are some of the most dire vids I have ever witnessed especially when they attempt humour <DoubleShudder!!>

Nerds are not funny - I'm sorry but thats all.

I would respect them more if the blogs were more like - "Er - I'm working on d.r. for c.c. using an x/y curve where x = blah, blah, blah - more facts less trying to seem like a conversation".

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The game is not being released anywhere on Feb 28th. The only announced details so far are Q2 2008. Anything else you hear outside of an official Goa or EA Mythic press release is just a guess or a rumour.

Nate

FH is my second home
How dare you speak foul of the holy one! Down on your knees and beg in a northern accent and offer Paul The Great One coal at once! He hungers for coal!!! As he...is northern!!!! and holy!(not many northerners get this kind of response from me)

They are great for info though Rynnor!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I heard 30 children were stolen from DUblin Mines for Requiel's toast obsession! How much toast does one man need!

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
The game is not being released anywhere on Feb 28th. The only announced details so far are Q2 2008. Anything else you hear outside of an official Goa or EA Mythic press release is just a guess or a rumour.

thats where you are wrong tho - its no guess or no rumour - it is a pre-order available on amazon - or are you telling us that amazon made it all up and its all lies?

maybe read first post and check out the amazon website?

Nate

FH is my second home
Thats exactly what he said rampant, it's "a guess or a rumour."

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

A GoA press release would be what? A copy a Mythic press release? Or maybe the French guy from the GC 2007 saying that DAoC's population is growing?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
thats where you are wrong tho - its no guess or no rumour - it is a pre-order available on amazon - or are you telling us that amazon made it all up and its all lies?

maybe read first post and check out the amazon website?

The way these things generally work is like this. Publishers give an estimated release date and retailers pencil it in to their schedules. Often they pencil in a completely arbitrary date just to give them and any potential customers a general idea of when the game will be out which will be changed as and when they get an official date. In this case Feb 28th is:
  1. Based on out of date information (i.e. they didn't update their site when the release was put back from Q1 to Q2)
  2. Entirely made up by them and not based on anything except their best guess of when the game would be release.
When a definite release date is announced it will be major news for this game and you can expect to see that trumpeted in a lot of places - official press releases, gaming news sites and of course communicated to all retailers. There's no way that Amazon or any other retailer would be told something like that unless it was already all over the place.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
and it very well might have, just not on the english servers.

yearly.png

KK dude ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom