UK Floods...

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
How you guys holding out?

Hmm :p

I live in melsonby (Near Gilling West Yorkshire) and we were hit pretty bad.

About 5 houses totally fucked etc.. a LOT of cars wrote off etc but fortunately no one killed.

At about 8pm we had a call that there was a child trapped near the beck, no one could reach them for the current so we tied 2 4x4's together and sent one in and got the little guy. Was really good to see how well the village worked together etc even though most people dont know the neighbour etc ;]

My 4x4 has never been so clean !;d

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not really affected at all in my part of London apart from some really heavy downpours which last for about 20 minutes then stop. But some parts of the UK have been badly hit

Ormorof

FH is my second home
fine here in hull for once woohoo! moving to my new house in the morning yay :clap:

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
We've had a bit of experience with flooding here in the Netherlands, infact a large inland sea (ijsselmeer) has actually been created by a huge flood, and somewhere in the '90's we had problems aswell. Luckily I myself live in the higher region of our country, so haven't really experienced much more than wheel-high rainlevels, but still, it's pretty depressing I would think to see your property and posessions all being ruined without the ability to do anything to prevent it....

Tilda

See the general thread for current gloucestershire flooding info!

Yay for no power, no water and the river 20 cm from the top of the defences!

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Even Sutton/Carshalton/Morden was having trouble with flooding.

Sutton & East Surrey Waters have told us that we can't drink our tape water without boiling it, due to contamniated water in the tanks.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
At the beginning of Feb this year I was living in ground floor apartment next to a river, now I live in a 3 story house on the top of a Hill \o/ it's wet but no floods here.

Actually the river I lived next to hasn't flooded, but I used to spend a lot of time worrying about it last year, the stress would be bothering me now if I was still there for sure. I am sure it will flood one day which is why is sold when it did, one flood = property price fall and I didn't want that.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
oxfordshire got raped by floods. My village on a hill so we got a bit stranded :)

Nate

FH is my second home
oxfordshire got raped by floods. My village on a hill so we got a bit stranded :)

was it like a zombie film when you saw the villagers coming out of the water all dirty like!?

"mooaaann, dryyyyyyyy" *reaches forward like zombie*

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Been rather nice in good old East Kent.

22-24 degrees and lots of sun! :D

- English -

Resident Freddy
been raining alot here in the northwest but as my town is situated on a steepish hill and im about half way up the water just runs right down to the neighbouring town :) although i dont think they are flooding aswell :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
No flooding down here in torbay ;) Although a few of my friends are travelling up to reading today, will wait to hear if they had any problems on the roads.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This has pissed me off a little, since the water in Surrey (Sutton, Carshalton, Wallington etc) has been contaminated, and those are the only 3 places around here where I actually go. Annoying that I supposedly can't drink water.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Kevin Costner was right, we're all going to evolve gills and live in a world full of bad actors. :(

Amanita

Part of the furniture
been raining alot here in the northwest but as my town is situated on a steepish hill and im about half way up the water just runs right down to the neighbouring town :) although i dont think they are flooding aswell :p

What he said since we live close Oo

I'm on top of the hill in Blackburn, we brought the outside rabbits indoors however because I was afraid they'd drown by breathing all the rain ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
flooding in northamptonshire now, Stoke Bruerne 4 miles away is now flooding, tempted to start moving stuff upstairs just in case. Got a big river less than a mile from my house.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
WATER 'BAN' HAS BEEN LIFTED IN SURREY!

*Squidge* Watterrrrr! (Not IN the water, of course!)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
the queen has released a statement saying she is shocked at the floods and wishes peeps well.. makes everything alright then doesnt it?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Where the hell do you work, the illuminati? :eek7:
Thats after the water was pumped out
Power was turned off as there was 1ft of water, its off the picture but to the right there is a networks cabinet with a UPS, water + big batteries = bad

I work in UCL so the main campus is heritage buildings

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
fakein2.jpg

at work on monday :/

Fake imo, thats just a giant condom with people inside it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom